The coins are being loaned to the American Numismatic Association by Brian Hendelson, president of the united states of Classic Coin Company of Bridgewater, New Jersey ( www.ClassicCoinCompany.com ) for the unprecedented exhibit in the convention ’ s Museum Showcase area ( booth # 1927 ). The 2022 World ’ s Fair of Money will be held August 16-20 in the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in the Chicago suburb of Rosemont, Illinois .
Hendelson is besides loaning his personal collection of 11 presidential date documents involving the United States Mint dating from 1792 to 1872. This besides will be their foremost public display together .
Each historic document was hand signed by the president making the appointment : George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, Franklin Pierce, Abraham Lincoln, or Ulysses S. Grant.
“ I love american history, and I ’ meter delighted to let the public see these important United States coins and documents. I don ’ metric ton know if these will ever be exhibited together again, so this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to view this alone collection in person, ” said Hendelson .
Ten of the historic presidential appointee documents will be displayed in the Museum Showcase. An 11th document, President Washington ’ randomness 1795 appointment of Elias Boudinot as the third gear Mint Director, will be exhibited at the classic Coin Company booth ( # 1222 ) along with high-quality examples of freshman of consequence coins struck during Boudinot ’ mho tenure at the mint from 1795 to1805 .
The lettered-edge 1910 Double Eagle, designed by applaud sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens, is graded PCGS SP66+ CAC. It is the alone acknowledge exemplar of this type of Experimental Finish with surfaces that are lighter and more brooding than Satin Finish proof, and brighter than Matte Proofs of that earned run average .
The 1921 Satin Finish Double Eagle is graded PCGS SP64+ and was discovered in 2006, a half twelve years after the first base known exemplar was discovered. No others have been reported. The Satin Finish was used on 1909 and 1910 Double Eagle proof ; however, experimental pieces with Satin Finishes from different years are immediately known, including the two from 1921 .
The Brian Hendelson Collection of Presidential Appointment Documents in the Museum Showcase exhibit are :
- President George Washington’s 1792 appointment of David Rittenhouse as first Mint Director. The document also is signed by Jefferson who was Secretary of State at the time;
- President Washington’s 1795 appointment of Joseph Richardson as Mint Assayer;
- President Thomas Jefferson’s 1806 appointment of Robert Patterson as the fourth Mint Director. It is also signed by James Madison who was Secretary of State at the time;
- President James Monroe’s 1825 appointment of Samuel Moore as Director of the Philadelphia Mint;
- President Andrew Jackson’s 1832 appointment of John Richardson as Mint Assayer;
- President Martin Van Buren’s 1837 appointment of John R. Bolton as Director of the Charlotte Mint;
- President Franklin Pierce’s 1853 appointment of John Newson as San Francisco Mint Melter and Refiner;
- President Abraham Lincoln’s 1861 appointment of David Cheweseman as San Francisco Mint Treasurer;
- President Ulysses S. Grant’s 1869 appointment of Oscar D. Munson as San Francisco Mint Assayer; and
- President Grant’s 1872 appointment of Chauncy Noteware as Carson City Mint Director.
These are the freshman of issue coins that will be displayed at the classic Coin Company booth with President Washington ’ second 1795 appointment of Elias Boudinot as the third Mint Director :
- 1796 Draped Bust Quarter, PCGS MS63PL
- 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dollar, NGC MS63+
- 1795 Draped Bust Dollar, NGC MS64
- 1795 Draped Bust $5, NGC MS63+
- 1795 Draped Bust $10, PCGS MS62
For extra data about Classic Coin Company, call ( 908 ) 725-5600 or visit www.ClassicCoinCompany.com. For information about the 2022 Chicago World ’ s Fair of Money, inflict www.WorldsFairOfMoney.com .